Skip to main content

Moreno Valley Online Academy

Parents » FAQ


Moreno Valley Online Academy (MVOA) Grades 9-12
Graduation Opportunity (GO) 12th, 11th grade and 5th year seniors that are credit deficient 

Q: Do I have to pay to send my student child to this school?

A: No, Moreno Valley Online Academy provides a free education to all students registered.

 Q: Can my students take more than 6 courses in a year?

A: Yes, after they have displayed that they can work in an online environment without issues and the teacher and administration both feel that this best supports the student goals.

Q: Will students be allowed to take ROP classes?

A: Yes, ROP offers work related courses for students that are at least 16 years old.

Q: If my student goes to this school will they be able to get into college?

A: Yes, some UC, Cal State and Jr. Colleges differ in their acceptance requirements.  Students should check admission requirements for the school they want to attend.

Q: If my student goes to this school will they be able to go into the military?

A: Student wanting to go to the military will need to attend at least a semester of some college before being accepted. Check with your local recruiter to see if this is a requirement.


Q: Can I take my student with me on vacation for a month and miss on campus sessions?

A: Yes, students needing to go on long trips or work related issues can go.  Parents and students need to communicate with the teachers and administration so accommodations can be worked out in advance. Students will be expected to stay current with the online curriculum and non-online assignments completed upon return. Students can accsess curriculum from a compter, tablet or cell phone with internet.

 Q:  What type of computer equipment does my student need to have at home?

A: Students will need a computer with Chrome as the browser, internet access and a printer/scanner.

Q: Does the school provide the equipment?

A: No, the school does not provide any equipment.  Students have access to the computers during lab hours and at the public library.

Q:  How often does my student report to the school site?

A: An Individualized Learning Plan is designed for each student but they must report at least once a week with their completed assignments.  Workshops and chapter tests are also done at the school. Students may attend everyday for 3 hours, this should be discussed with your child's teacher.

Q: How many hours does my student have to work on the computer daily?

  • A:This is the minimum amount of time required for each grade level:
     Kindergarten (180 minutes a day). 
     Grades 1- (230 minutes a day).
     Grades 7-12 (240 minutes a day). 

Q:  As the parent, am I expected to assist my student with his/her assignments?

A: Yes, you will need to encourage, motivate, and monitor your student to ensure they complete their time on the computer and their coursework.

Q:  Will my student be able to take Honors or AP courses?

A: Yes 

Q:  Is your school WASC accredited?

A: Yes